The next “Living the Pledge to End Racism” workshop is scheduled for Monday, March 4, Monday, March 18, and Monday, April 1st, 2019 from 8:45 am to 1:30 pm each day in Founders Hall.
The primary goal of this workshop is to develop confidence in our ability as members of this congregation to:
- Integrate the Pledge to End Racism into our lives;
- Confront racism and bias in our everyday encounters;
- Recognize and challenge systemic racism;
- Take personal leadership in ending racism in our community.
The Living the Pledge workshop runs for three half-day sessions (four hours plus lunch on each day). You are asked to bring a bag lunch. We will provide beverages and refreshments.
We will cover two modules in each session. The topics include:
- Module 1: Foundations for Understanding
- Module 2: Pledging to Recognize and Confront Bias
- Module 3: Speak up Against Microaggressions
- Module 4: Structural and Institutional Racism
- Module 5: The Movement for Black Lives
- Module 6: Personal Commitment to Ending Racism.
Participants are asked to commit to being present for each of the three sessions and to do the assigned reading, etc., before, between, and after sessions. We value and appreciate your interest and support.
To register for the workshop, click on the following link.