Thank you so much to all who have already registered their children for the 2019-20 Family Ministry year. It has been incredibly helpful to have up-to-date information on your children while they are on campus, and registering helps to keep you informed about special upcoming programming like OWL (Our Whole Lives), High School Youth Group and special events.
A gentle reminder that all children must be registered before they are can attend Sunday programming. If your child is not yet registered, please click HERE to start viewing our program information on the UUFR website. Click HERE to register your child(ren) for Family Ministry classes.
This week, we end September with one last exploration of What Does it Mean To Be a People of EXPECTATION?
• Parents of children in Kindergarten through 10th grades and all visitors should report directly to Founders Hall beginning at 10:50 am. Returning children must be registered to attend. Please plan to arrive a few minutes earlier if you are not registered or if this is your first visit.
• Parents of REGISTERED Pre-Schoolers (3’s and 4’s) should bring their children to Dorothea Dix in Lower Peace Hall, beginning at 10:50 am. Non-registered families and visitors should check in at Founders Hall.
• Childcare (age 2 and under) will be provided in the Louisa May Alcott Nursery on the lower floor of Fellowship Hall for the youngest children. (Please register them).
8th Grade Our Whole Lives (OWL) Sexuality Education: Once again, we will offer this year-long program for 8th graders. For more information about OWL, click HERE. The class will meet regularly on Sunday mornings from 10:45-11:15am and at additional times. Advanced sign-up and participation in an orientation session on Sunday, October 6, are mandatory. Students MUST also be registered in family ministry programs (HERE). Space is limited and priority is given to members and friends. Parents of mature 7th graders and 9th graders who wish for their child to participate may email Tryst Chagnon, Family Ministry Director.
This Week’s Volunteer Opportunity Spotlight: Sunday Morning Check-In Assistants
We are looking for assistance at our check in and registration tables on Sunday mornings. This is a perfect opportunity for those who are able to come in approximately 20-25 minutes before service and volunteer at the registration/sign-in table until 11:10 am. Duties include setting up the table, checking children in, confirming registration data, helping families register and answering visitors’ questions. This small time commitment will enable you to contribute to the program’s success on Sunday mornings while still allowing you to attend the majority of the service in the Sanctuary. Contact Tryst Chagnon to inquire.
We are looking for a few more classroom leaders, too!
• Sunday Morning Circle Leader: Leads activities in the classroom. Teachers are provided with planning materials and support. We ask for our lead teachers to serve 10-15 weeks per year in blocks by trimester or year-long as a team of 2-3 persons.
• Sunday Morning Circle Assistant: Assists in the classroom 10-15 weeks per year. Assistants play a vital role in supporting the lead teacher and providing positive behavior support.
If you are interested in serving in any capacity in UUFR”s Family Ministry, please contact Tryst Chagnon. Please be sure to check our This Week in Parent News page every week for the most recent updates and we welcome you to join us on the UUFR Parents Community Facebook page.