The preliminary total for January’s Justice Sunday collection for BackPack Buddies is $3,530. Thanks to everyone who contributed, we will be able to continue to fund feeding 15 children over the weekend for the rest of this school year.
However, BackPack Buddies is just one of many hunger programs we support. The cabinets in the lobby are for donations to Urban Ministries’s food pantry. We provide monthly lunches for Love Wins Ministries. At the Martin Street Mobile Market, we work with the Interfaith Food Shuttle (IFFS) to provide groceries and fresh produce to people at their point of need. We also pack and deliver nutritious food to low-income seniors in Raleigh each month as a part of the IFFS’s Grocery Bags for Seniors program.
To get involved, contact the team lead for each program:
- BackPack Buddies – Susan Silverio. Monthly assembly of food bags for Wake County students.
- Grocery Bags for Seniors – Amy Gilbert. Assembly and delivery of grocery bags on the third Saturday of each month.
- Interfaith Food Shuttle – Amy Gilbert. Variety of volunteer opportunities.
- Love Wins Ministries – Linda Liles and Ruthie Rodelander. Preparing and serving hot lunches once a month.
- Martin Street Mobile Market – Susan Silverio. Every second Saturday. Volunteers must be at least 11 years old.
- Urban Ministries – Linda Bestimt. Ongoing food donations. Variety of opportunities to volunteer in their clinic, reception area, food pantry, etc.