Plan to join us in the lower courtyard after worship services, where tables will be set up with representatives from different committees, teams, and other groups that UUFR sponsors. Members and friends of the congregation will be invited to wander among the tables to learn more about our volunteer groups, ask questions, and maybe find a group to join and add your voice. Hope to see you there.
UUFR groups that will be represented include:
- Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) – Learn about CSA, the local partner farms it supports through bi-weekly fresh produce deliveries, including fresh mushroom and eggs.
- UUFR Stitchers – Knitters and crocheters who gather to stitch bed-size afghans/blankets for immigrants, hats and scarves for the homeless, and “twiddle-muffs” for organizations that work with Alzheimer’s patients.
- Anti-Racism MInistry – Sign a petition to Support the Reparative Justice Resolution that will be presented to the Raleigh City Council in June. Both UUFR and the Anti-Racism Ministry Team support this resolution.
- UUFR Welcome Team – Volunteers who rotate weekly to welcome and support visitors and potential new members to UUFR who come looking for a place of worship to call their own.
- Committee on Ministry – Learn about “Loop Groups” and vote on a proposed logo designed by a fabulous UUFR Youth member Evan Horner. Here’s a sneak peak at your choices.
- Stewardship Committee – Encourage a generosity of time, talent and treasure throughout UUFR. Adopt guidelines, recommendations, or suggestions for “fair share” giving by UUFR
members and friends.
- Finance Advisory Committee – Advise and assist the Board in developing, implementing, and evaluating financial policies and procedures. Identify and recommend strategies for mitigating problematic issues related to accounting practices, cash flow, and financial reporting.
These are just a few of the committees and teams you will have the opportunity to meet on Sunday – there are many more!