Our Mission, Vision & Covenant
The mission of the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Raleigh is to build a welcoming, inclusive, liberal religious community that transforms lives and empowers people to serve the world.
Our vision for the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Raleigh is to be
- a vibrant, inclusive and diverse community;
- a progressive religious community where all are encouraged to explore and grow spiritually, emotionally, and intellectually;
- a grateful and caring community that works together to love, support and learn from each other;
- a community where we bring our passions to and are influential in the larger community, intentionally reaching out to partner with others to realize our commitment to social, economic, and environmental justice.
Within our walls, we aspire to
- be a joyful and genuinely welcoming community that strives to increase meaningful diversity among members;
- explore and expand our minds, hearts, and spirits;
- be generous with our personal resources and believe hat there will be enough;
- be compassionate with each other;
- hold ourselves and each other accountable for our words and actions, with humility and compassion
We aspire to be a community that:
- is expanding and is intentional in our leadership development;
- understands the value of and gratefully supports our district and the UUA;
- incorporates vibrant and exciting Lifespan Religious Education, intentionally including elementary, middle, high school, and adult programming;
- has engaged small groups that provide additional means for members create meaningful community;
- is fully staffed and financially secure.
As an integral part of the broader community and in accordance with our shared UU values, we work to:
- live our faith by boldly expressing our liberal religious views;
- be a leader in the community in standing for religious freedom, human rights, and environmental justice;
- speak out for the inherent worth and dignity of every person;
- acknowledge the interdependent web of all existence and actively engage in sustaining its balance for all living creatures
- intentionally commit a measureable and growing percentage of our energy and resources outward into the community.
We pledge our time, our effort, and our resources to move our congregation forward towards this collective vision.