UUFR's Covenant of Right Relations
At our annual congregational meeting on June3, 2012, UUFR members adopted the following Covenant of Right Relations.
We, the members of the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Raleigh, hereby covenant to:
- Value what unites us over those things that divide us.
- Practice patience, listen carefully, and speak our truth with compassion.
- Hold ourselves accountable for our actions and commitments, and assume good intentions on the part of others.
- Reflect carefully about the potential results of our words and actions before we express ourselves.
- Respect and support those we have chosen to lead us -- our called ministers, and our professional staff.
- When differences arise, speak directly, with kindness and respect, to those with whom we disagree, and not gossip about others.
For a photo-graphic images and reflections on Unitarian Universalist values and principles, see the Hands-On Project.