Caring for Each Other
UUFR is a caring community whose members provide love, nurturing, and support for each other in times of illness, grief, sorrow, crisis, despair, joy, and celebration.
Care Team & Ministers
If you or another Fellowship member or friend needs pastoral care, counseling, or support from the Fellowship’s ministers or Care Team, please
- email Rev. Dr. Osterman, Rev. Sasha Ostrom, or the Care Team
- fill out a pink Care Connections card and put it in the Care Connections box in the Fellowship Sanctuary,
- talk with a lay pastoral listener after the Sunday worship service
- If you are having a pastoral emergency, please call 919-637-6325 to reach a member of the Care Team.
The Fellowship’s Care Team offers care and support for Fellowship members and friends by
- providing cooked home-delivered meals,
- arranging transportation to Sunday services, Fellowship events, grocery/pharmacy, and medical appointments,
- visiting members and friends who are in the hospital, living in nursing homes, or home-bound,
- organizing receptions for memorial services,
- sending cards of care, sympathy, and celebration.
Fellowship members and friends are encouraged to share their joys and sorrows in the remembrance book on Sunday mornings.
Bereavement Support Group
A support group for members and friends who have experienced a loss or anticipate one are welcome to join the Bereavement Support Group. BSG meets the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month in the Wiggle Room starting promptly at 6:45. For more information, contact Bill Devereux at 904-993-6468 or [email protected].
Fellowship members and friends are encouraged to plan for the end of their lives by
- completing a “living will” (advance directive for natural death), a health care power of attorney, and a durable power of attorney (and filing a copy of these documents with the Fellowship office);
- providing the Fellowship with their emergency contact information (“who will speak for me“) and instructions for their memorial service or funeral; and
- submitting a memorial garden application form to the Fellowship if they want their names to be inscribed or their ashes to be scattered in the Fellowship’s Memorial Garden.