Caring for Each Other
UUFR is a caring community whose members provide love, nurturing, and support for each other in times of illness, grief, sorrow, crisis, despair, joy, and celebration.
Care Team & Ministers
If you or another Fellowship member or friend needs pastoral care, counseling, or support from the Fellowship’s ministers or Care Team, please
- email Rev. Dr. Osterman, Rev. Sasha, or the Care Team
- fill out a pink Care Connections card and put it in the Care Connections box in the Fellowship Sanctuary,
- talk with a lay pastoral listener after the Sunday worship service, or
- submit an online pastoral care request.
- If you are having a pastoral emergency, please call 919-637-6325 to reach a member of the Care Team.
The Fellowship’s Care Team offers care and support for Fellowship members and friends by
- providing cooked home-delivered meals,
- arranging transportation to Sunday services, Fellowship events, grocery/pharmacy, and medical appointments,
- visiting members and friends who are in the hospital, living in nursing homes, or home-bound,
- organizing receptions for memorial services,
- sending cards of care, sympathy, and celebration.
Caregiver Support Group
A support group for members and friends who care for aging parents or other family members. Meets from 7:00 to 8:30 pm on the fourth Thursday of each month. For more information, contact Bev Manifold.
Fellowship members and friends are encouraged to plan for the end of their lives by
- completing a “living will” (advance directive for natural death), a health care power of attorney, and a durable power of attorney (and filing a copy of these documents with the Fellowship office);
- providing the Fellowship with their emergency contact information (“who will speak for me“) and instructions for their memorial service or funeral; and
- submitting a memorial garden application form to the Fellowship if they want their names to be inscribed or their ashes to be scattered in the Fellowship’s Memorial Garden.