Caring for Each Other
UUFR is a caring community whose members provide love, nurturing, and support for each other in times of illness, grief, sorrow, crisis, despair, joy, and celebration.
Care Team & Ministers
If you or another Fellowship member or friend are experiencing a pastoral emergency, please call the Fellowship’s Lead Minister (919 656 2824).
If you or another Fellowship member or friend needs pastoral care, counseling, or support from the Fellowship’s ministers or Care Team, please
- email Rev. John, Rev. Sasha, or the Care Team
- fill out a pink Care Connections card and put it in the Care Connections box in the Fellowship Sanctuary,
- talk with a lay pastoral listener after the Sunday worship service, or
- submit an on-line pastoral care request.
The Fellowship’s Care Team offers care and support for Fellowship members and friends by
- providing cooked home-delivered meals,
- arranging transportation to Sunday services, Fellowship events, grocery/pharmacy, and medical appointments,
- visiting members and friends who are in the hospital, living in nursing homes, or home-bound,
- organizing receptions for memorial services,
- sending cards of care, sympathy, and celebration.
Caregiver Support Group
A support group for members and friends who care for aging parents or other family members. Meets from 7:00 to 8:30 pm on the fourth Thursday of each month. For more information, contact Bev Manifold.
Fellowship members and friends are encouraged to plan for the end of their lives by
- completing a “living will” (advance directive for natural death), a health care power of attorney, and a durable power of attorney (and filing a copy of these documents with the Fellowship office);
- providing the Fellowship with their emergency contact information (“who will speak for me“) and instructions for their memorial service or funeral; and
- submitting a memorial garden application form to the Fellowship if they want their names to be inscribed or their ashes to be scattered in the Fellowship’s Memorial Garden.