UUFR is located at 3313 Wade Avenue, about three-quarters of a mile east of the I-440 Wade Avenue exit (and one block east of the Ridgewood Shopping Center (Whole Foods)).
Our Google Maps link offers you door-to-door directions for driving, walking, biking, or public transit.
- If you’re driving west on Wade Avenue (from downtown or Cameron Village), you’ll need to turn left onto Dogwood Avenue then enter through our Dogwood Avenue entrance.
- If you’re driving east on Wade Avenue (from I-440, RDU, Cary, or Durham), you can turn right into our Wade Avenue entrance.
- To reach UUFR using Raleigh’s city (GoRaleigh) bus system, take route 4 outbound from Moore Square or the NCSU Bell Tower (busses run hourly on Sundays).
UUFR has two parking lots. The upper lot provides access from Wade Avenue to the sanctuary (upper level of Fellowship Hall) and the upper level of Peace Hall. The lower lot provides access from Dogwood Lane to the lower level of Fellowship Hall (UUFR offices and Founders Hall) and the classrooms on the lower level of Peace Hall.
The two lots are connected and include spaces reserved for handicapped persons, seniors and infants, and visitors. Please park in marked spaces only to provide access for other cars and emergency vehicles.
If the parking lots are full, you can park on adjacent streets: Dogwood Lane, Cherry Lane, and Beaver Dam Road.
Please help us be good neighbors by being mindful of where and how you park. Carpooling is highly encouraged and arrive early if you can.
Please respect our neighbors by parking only on the west side of Dogwood (farthest from church), the north side of Cherry (nearest to Wade Ave), and on Beaver Dam Road (there are stairs from the end of Beaver Dam Road up to UUFR’s parking lot).
We also don’t want anyone to get a parking ticket! Raleigh parking regulations state that cars must be:
- Not less than 5 feet either side of a private or public driveway
- Not less than 50 feet from a railroad crossing
- Not less than 25 feet from an intersection, stop sign, flashing beacon or traffic control signal
- Not less than 15 feet from either side of a fire hydrant
- Not less than 12 feet from either side of a crosswalk
Please be cautious if you are parking on Dogwood Lane near Wade Avenue – our neighbors have expressed concern that cars are parked so close to Wade that they are jutting out into the street.
It would be best if cars were only parked on one side of each street – we want to be sure that emergency vehicles would have access in the event of an emergency.
Also, please do not park in our driveway leading out to Dogwood Lane – we want to be sure that both drivers and pedestrians can safely exit our lower parking lot. Please also exercise caution when coming in and out of that exit.
The Fellowship’s office is open from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Sunday. Contact the UUFR office.