What are Chalice Circles?
Chalice Circles are part of the small group ministry program at UUFR. They are small groups of six to 12 people who meet once a month for about two hours, either at UUFR, in a member’s home, or online using video conferencing technology. Until vaccines for COVID-19 are widely available, all Chalice Circles will meet by Zoom.
Participants choose what day and what time they want to meet when they sign up. Chalice Circles beginning in February 2021 will meet five times from February through June.
What happens at a Chalice Circle?
Each meeting provides an opportunity for people to talk about what’s happening in their own lives, to practice deep listening with others, and to reflect on some of life’s big questions through a structured discussion.
There is a theme for exploration for each meeting. The materials for each session, which are used to explore the theme, are provided by Soul Matters, a network of Unitarian Universalist congregations.
Participants are asked to do at least 30 minutes preparation before each session in order to meaningfully participate.
Can I join a Chalice Circle if I’m not a member of the UUFR yet?
Yes! All are welcome to join a Chalice Circle, even after it has started, provided there is still room in a particular Chalice Circle. Please contact our Chalice Circle coordinator at [email protected] to find out if there is still room in a particular Chalice Circle that has already started to meet. Registrations for the next round of Chalice Circles will begin in August.
Participating in a Chalice Circle is a good way to get to know people, learn more about Unitarian Universalism, and to decide whether you would like to become a member of the congregation. Participants in other Unitarian Universalist congregations are also welcome to sign up.
When are Chalice Circles meeting now?
- Group 1 meets 4th Sundays at 9 am (2/28, 3/28, 4/25, 5/23, 6/27)
- Group 2 meets 3rd Sundays at 2 pm (2/21, 3/21, 4/18, 5/16, 6/20)
- Group 3 meets 2nd Mondays at 2 pm (2/8, 3/8, 4/12, 5/10, 6/14)
- Group 4 meets 2nd Tuesdays at 1 pm (2/9, 3/9, 4/13, 5/11, 6/15)
- Group 5 meets 1st Tuesdays at 7 pm (2/2, 3/2, 4/6, 5/4, 6/8)
- Group 6 meets 2nd Tuesdays at 7 pm (2/9, 3/9, 4/13, 5/11, 6/15)
- Group 7 meets 2nd Tuesdays at 7 pm (2/9, 3/9, 4/13, 5/11, 6/15)
- Group 8 meets 4th Wednesdays at 7 pm (2/24, 3/24, 4/28, 5/26, 6/23)
- Group 9 meets 3rd Wednesdays at 7 pm (2/17, 3/17, 4/21, 5/19, 6/16)
- Group 10 meets 2nd Wednesdays at 7:30 pm (2/10, 3/10, 4/14, 5/12, 6/9)
- Group 11 meets 3rd Thursdays at 7 pm (2/18, 3/18, 4/15, 5/20, 6/17)
- Group 12 meets 3rd Saturdays at 2 pm (2/20, 3/20, 4/17, 5/15, 6/19)
- Group 13 meets 1st Sundays at 2 pm (2/7, 3/7, 4/4, 5/2, 6/6)
What if I have other questions?
Email [email protected].