High School Youth Group (HSYG) for 9th-12th graders meets for social activities and social action work and participate in local and regional retreats and conferences. Information about these programs is sent to parents of registered youth group teen by email. Most in-person activities are suspended temporarily due to COVID-19, but we are still having volunteer-led meetings. To find out more, click here.
For more information about our high school youth groups, please email Tryst Chagnon.
If you are interested in serving as a youth group advisor, youth group coordinator, or helping to plan youth group event or conference (CON), please email Family Ministry Directory, Tryst Chagnon.
- Greenway Hike this Saturday 10/3 at 10:00am- Young Adult/Teen Hike
- Meet at the Greenway Trail Parking Lot
3503 Horton St
Raleigh, NC 27607
- Bring water, wear a mask, follow comfortable and safe distancing
- Elle ([email protected]) and Danielle ([email protected]) will be leading the group, so contact them for more details/questions.
- It’s a low-intensity ~1 hr walk. All are welcome 🙂
- ONE Wake Virtual Assembly Tues Oct 13 7pm
- UUFR Halloween for All Ages Wed Oct 28 7pm
- Young Adults are helping plan and will attend – we hope to see you there!
- Virtual Game Night Friday Nov 13 7:30pm
Coming of Age
Coming of Age is a program through which the Fellowship fosters the transition of its children into youth. The program is open to 9th graders who meet Sunday mornings from September through May. Advance registration and year-long participation are required.
Youth participants in the program develop a greater sense of what they believe through discussion, conversations with adult mentors who are members of the congregation, participating in group meetings, retreats and workshops, and taking an optional trip to Boston to learn more about our Unitarian Universalist history. At the end of the year, Coming of Age graduates are invited to sign the membership book to formally join our congregation and lead a worship service to share their credos, the personal faith statements they have developed over the course of the year.
Coming of Age is currently postponed due to COVID-19.
Youth Leadership Program
10th grade youth who have successfully completed our Coming of Age program and 11th and 12th graders are invited to participate in our year-long Youth Leadership program. Our youth leaders serve as Children’s Ministry assistants on Sunday mornings. Contact Director of RE, Tryst Chagnon, for more information.